[Events] December round-up

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Wed Dec 10 09:15:46 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

This is the very first Events mailing! Some ideas for fun things to
check out in London coming up in December.

[[ Apart from the events I've organized or am performing in -- marked
with a * below -- I've no involvement in any of these - they're events
I've been to in the past (thanks to many friends on this list!) and am
going to again. ]]

* Dec 10: Paul (yes, me) sings! - http://yesyoucansing.com/
  Dec 13: Santacon              - http://santacon.co.uk/
  Dec 14: The Whoopee Club      - http://www.thewhoopeeclub.com/
* Dec 18: Moroccan Xmas Party   - http://paulm.com/events/
  Dec 20: Lost Vagueness        - http://www.lostvagueness.com/
  Dec 27: Club Tilt             - http://www.clubtilt.co.uk/

Please feel free to forward this email to your friends!

Mail/text me for pre-event meet-up info closer to the day if you'd like
to come along with a posse.

--- SINGING

Tonight I'll be performing "Always look on the bright side of life" as
the completion of a series of singing workshops I've taken with Gena Dry
(http://yesyoucansing.com/ ). Now, I've never sung before this
workshop(!) and will be on stage with the rest of the folks on the
course performing together and individually. Scary? Yep. I've had a real
blast doing this course and have learnt an enormous amount about not
just singing but presentation, performance, and how to engage lots of
people at once. Come and see if I manage it ;-)

This'll be a small, intimate thing with the emphasis on fun and
entertainment rather than absolutely technical singing wizardry ;-)

Venue: Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Road, Islington, London N1 8LN.
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=531778&Y=183666&A=Y&Z=1
Time: 9pm prompt (i.e. show up a bit earlier)

--- SANTACON

It's quite simple. Dress up as Santa, wander around Central London,
get drunk, have a jolly merry time, end up posing in sex shops
(optional). This nonsense started out in San Francisco and is
happening for the third time in London this year. Expect mayhem, and
being a part of probably over 100 Santas.