[Events] Open Money events - thanks & more!

Paul Makepeace paulm at openmoney.org
Fri Nov 21 16:00:05 GMT 2003

Just a quick note to say thanks to those that were at the very first
London Open Money Projects event!

I hope you all enjoyed it; I learnt a lot and enjoyed Michael's stories
especially about the year when Ireland's bank stopped clearing cheques.
Networking, everyone met pretty much everyone else(!) and some really
interesting after-event conversations continued in the bar. We had folks
talking about cc in Morocco, cc in LSE, zero-interest currencies for the
Muslim communities, folks from Hackney and Tower Hamlets councils, and
the Scarman Trust.

During the LETSplay game we saw first-hand how national currency
and its scarcity impedes trade and creates competition while the
community currency does its job: is really quite simple,
getting out of the way enabling business and charitable work to happen.
http://www.openmoney.org/letsplay/ - play online!

For those that were unable to attend, have no fear. We will be holding
another event in the new year debutting latest developments and news
as well as more LETSplay. Keep an eye on http://www.ecademy.com and
http://community.openmoney.org - drop me a line if you'd like an email.

A request for help: while the venue was certainly comfortable, intimate
(and free!) its lighting and ambient noise wasn't ideal. If anyone knows
of a place that'll hold 20+ with milling around & a small presentation
I'd be very grateful to hear about it.

Please don't hesitate to have a chat or ask questions of Michael, ernie,
and I. Michael's speaking in Montreal for the "Responsible Finance and
Alternative Currencies" seminar and will be back next week.

See you soon, and have a great December/SHawwal!
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"If you have an extra dollar, then my shoe has blistered my heel."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/