[Events] 2004-10-06 // Pillow Fight + Viral Marketing at Dana Centre

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Wed Oct 6 10:56:55 BST 2004

Both these tonight, one after the other.

London Pillow Fight Club - http://www.mobile-clubbing.com/pillow.html
Time: 17:40
Venue: Pedestrian area, St. Paul's Cathedral (I guess west side entrance)

N.B. this is an hour earlier than originally posted. Lousy timing IMO
     for people working; my & others pleas to change back went
     unhindered.

Inside info just in: this event is about to be posted to targetted
mailing lists (London flashmob, as opposed to your auntie's crochet
knitting group..) totalling over *3,500* subscribers. Video camera
locked & loaded.

**

Later in the evening.. Cybersalon at Science Museum's Dana Centre has
what sounds like a quite decent discussion and debate on viral/non-
traditional marketing. I've been invited to talk about the Circle Line
Party http://circlelineparty.org.uk/ and how we used "viral" techniques
to "market" CLP, i.e. get 600 people partying on a train.

This should be amusing since a) I've had almost no sleep from working
the last week b) will thus likely say something controversial, if only
to stay awake.

http://www.danacentre.org.uk/Default.aspx?DanaMenu=_EVENT&ArticleID={12D9CB64-B6AF-4EE7-B524-AFB3171F3E7A}

(if that link doesn't work this will, today only:
 http://www.danacentre.org.uk/Default.aspx?DanaMenu=_NEXTEVENT )

Time: 18:30 - 21:00ish
Venue: Dana Centre, closest tube South Ken
Map: http://www.danacentre.org.uk/media/dc/%7B637CA58D-515F-4F5B-9F2F-42D4456727B8%7D.gif
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=526497&Y=179203&A=Y&Z=1
RSVP: "This event is free but places must be booked by calling 020 7942
4040 or by emailing tickets at danacentre.org.uk "

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is tom's turnip? Cat doing a mouse."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/