[Events] 2004-09-09 // "First Timers" set sail

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Mon Sep 6 13:02:09 BST 2004

A good friend of mine is sailing around the world the "wrong" way as part
of her "Force 12" team in the Global Challenge coming up in October.
This is a seriously gnarly year-long journey; I saw a documentary by a
guy from an org I used to be part of who'd done it a couple of years ago
and it was inspiring, not to mention gory & dangerous.

Force 12 have organised a great looking event happening this week. Here's
the blurb:

  ``On Thursday 9th September, four of Britains bravest, record breaking
  adventurers will come together in an unprecedented gathering to tell
  you about their "first time". what it took for them to become the
  first ones to conquer the never-before-conquered. Hosted by Rachel
  Morgan from Team Force12, the evening will give you the chance to find
  out what it takes to take on some of the world's most daring
  challenges, be pushed to your limits and survive. All were amateurs,
  all were ordinary people living ordinary lives . all achieved
  extraordinary things.''