[Events] 2005-04-21 // DJ Q-Bert @ Cargo

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Fri Apr 22 10:45:21 BST 2005

Five of us at this one; the event *rocked* despite the most rammed venue
I've been to in a while, some astonishingly dextrous demonstrations of
turntable wizardry. Q-Bert did a few skits where he was scratching
without a cross fader, one-handed, and these wild moves whose
transitions the camera (which was projecting it on one entire wall at
Cargo) just wasn't picking up. I'm sure if you did a freeze frame his
hand would just be jumping several inches back and forth each frame.

I did some research on the deck he was using - seriously, it was the
*mothership* of all decks. Turns out it was designed out of a request
by Q-Bert himself!

Check it out: http://www.vestax.com/ -> Player -> QFO Pic of Q-Bert
himself in slide 05. Vestax also do a vinyl *recording* unit that
produces records from blanks the price of a 12" import. Vinyl will just
never die...

Paul

Je 2005-03-31 02:13:48 +0100, Paul Makepeace skribis:

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is the time in your street? A female grizzly and her cub."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/