[Events] 2005-06-11 13:00+15:00 // Architecture Week opening by Urban Freeflow @ Trafalgar Square

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Fri Jun 10 21:02:58 BST 2005

OK, let's get this show on the road again... And this event seemed
fitting, involving people falling great heights wearing only trainers.

Architecture Week is starting next Friday and the launch is this
Saturday 11th, 1pm. In particular the launch features two hour-long sets
by world-famous UK parkour/free-running group, Urban Freeflow. If you've
seen "Jump Britain" on TV, that's these guys. Superhuman-seeming jumps,
rolls, and gymnastic repurposing of existing urban architecture. It's
flat out incredible, and they're performing live in Trafalgar Sq.

I get out of hospital Sat eve and have another couple of months in a
wheelchair after that. I want to see this so badly I'm gonna wheel my
sorry broken ass from St Thomas' Hospital to Traf Sq before I'm even
technically discharged. Anyone wants to join me I'll probably aim for
the 13:00 so I can get back in time and innocently whistle like I was
still on the ward the whole time, yes sirree, nurse...

Time: 13:00 and 15:00