[MT-users] informal poll: comment spam?

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Wed Jun 29 02:00:37 BST 2005

Thanks for the responses; similar reports: oases of calm and then bursts
of them every few days.

I'm working on building some detection of open proxies (often used by
spammers) as well as shutting down the comment scripts when under
attack, an annoyance which can make the server grind to a halt.

In the meantime I've optimised the blacklist somewhat by removing ~600
entries that were duplicates or redundant (mostly of the form
X.spammy-domain.com, Y.spammy-domain.com, etc to just
spammy-domain.com). Seems a bit more responsive.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/