[MT-users] Akismet spam filter installed

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Sat Oct 28 13:41:01 BST 2006

Hi bloggers,

I have installed and verified the Akismet comment spam filter. In
addition to MT3.33's own anti-spam plugins I've added another line of
defence, the Akismet filter by Wordpress http://www.akismet.com/ This
is a very highly regarded filter and seems to be working well already.

It's worth checking your junk comment folder every so often to make
sure nothing's been inadvertently caught. Nothing on my blog has yet.

While you're there, you may like to set the "Auto junk" feature to
delete junk comments after a certain number of days (I have mine set
aggressively to three since I get comments about every day). It's
under Settings -> Feedback, toward the bottom.

Enjoy,
Paul