[Events] 2004-10-25 // GLC Dragon Ball Run

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Fri Oct 22 19:20:48 BST 2004

A Monday lunchtime event to file somewhere between "well, I was in
Leics Sq anyway" and "I really have nothing better to do" and "OMG!! I
sooo *heart* GLC!!"

The amusing Goldie Lookin' Chain (GLC) band are going to get up to some
nonsense in town on the 25th. For those unaware of this wildly popular
Welsh phenomenon, check out http://www.hyperlaunch.com/glc/spliffgame.html
(this says it all pretty much..) and their site http://www.youknowsit.co.uk/

See you there...

----- Forwarded message from Goldie Lookin Chain <music-news at mail-mgr.com> -----
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:49:07 -0700
Subject: Dragon Ball Run

" And low, the enlightened ones came to Londinium, happy in the knowledge that
theirs was the path of content and child like wonder. Many gathered wondering
round in full leish and celebrated that most sacred of chants....the one about
your mother.....
'Verse 51,  Third Book of Goldie Lookin Vibes'

That's right kids. We the GLC have officially declared Monday 25th October a
national holiday. This is now traditionally celebrated by going down to London
for a day trip, complete with cider, draw and full leisure wear. All sorts of
sights will be available to dazzle, confuse and amuse - come down and be part
of the spectacle. As well as having a lovely time, it's all down to celebrate
the fact that one of our most romantic and poetic of songs is about to be
unleashed on an unsuspecting nation

MEETING PLACE: Leicester Square @ 1pm on Monday 25th Oct . Look for those in
full leish with placards, boom boxes and an impromtu roller disco.... Arrive a
bit earlier to avoid disappointment.
DIRECTION: The rally is from  Leicester Sq to Leicester Sq (up Charing Cross
Road, along Oxford Street, down Regent Street) and will take an hour or so
culminating in festivities back in the original meeting place.

In other news:

The new single 'Your Mother's Got A Penis' is out on Monday. Check out the E
card packed with goodness arriving in your inboxes soon for the full low
down....

The new single is available in 2 CD formats and 12" vinyl

CD 1 includes 'Your Mother's Got A Penis' and the brand new  'GLC Will Bang In
Your Face'
CD 2  includes Your Mother's Got A Penis' ,  'Frank Doolally' ,  'Your Mother's
Got A Penis' (video) and 'a short film about the dangers of carbon monoxide'
(video)
12" includes 'Your Mother's Got A Penis' 'GLC Will Bang In Your Face' and 'GLC
Scratches (2)'

To order any of these click here

The GLC

www.youknowsit.co.uk

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is makepeace? A single point, receding."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/