[MT-users] Movable Type comment spamming

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Thu Oct 21 16:18:24 BST 2004

Hi there Lola,

I found your address as the abuse contact for the US .MIL netblock of
198.26.0.0/16.

A server on our network has suffered sustained and repeated "comment
spam" attacks on a number of weblogs hosted here to the extent that we
consider it a denial-of-service attack. I can provide more detailed logs
if you are interested.

The IPs in question we have logged are,
198.26.120.13
198.26.118.37
198.26.118.36

Assuming this is not a US Military-endorsed exercise one might conclude
these machines have been compromised and require immediate reparative
attention.

Please let me know,
Paul

--