[MT-users] More spam battling

David Rosam (Personal e-mail) david at davidrosam.com
Mon Oct 25 20:10:36 BST 2004

Thanks for all this - I banned the IP addresses from my blog.

While I was on holiday, Dangerous Thinking sustained over 600 comment
spams - that's in one week.

The pattern seems to be that the comment spammer identifies blogs with a
useful Google PR and plants a comment spam. A few hours (sometimes
minutes) later, they come back for another go. If you haven't intervened
using MT-Blacklist, they just keep coming back - one URL got inserted
nearly 100 times until I intervened from my hotel.

Bastards!

Cheers

David