[MT-users] Upgrading to Movable Type 3

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Wed Jul 6 01:42:55 BST 2005

Hi folks,

Some good news! After baring all to Six Apart (makers of Movable Type)
they have offered me some very generous terms to get everyone here
upgraded to Movable Type 3. Since we're doing collective support (i.e.
here), I'm doing all the admin, and we're basically "friends & family",
they have offered to do the whole show for $69.95 which is a single
personal license(!)

This will, I believe having researched latest MT3 spam solutions,
eliminate the spam mess, server load spikes, as well as offer the other
MT3 goodies like TypeKey, snazzier templates, plugins, modernity, and
whatever else.

Not only that, you could open up more blogs & authors, and if it's under
the same domain for no extra cost.

So this is a heads up - please let me know if you're interested. If you
don't want the hassle it's perfectly OK to leave it all exactly as is;
I'll keep running the existing MT2.66 install. If you're interested but
tentative about possible conversion hassle let me know and I'll keep you
up to date after us early adopters have got burnt :)

Paul

PS Those interested by the lead up to this,
http://paulm.com/inchoate/2005/07/mtblacklist_switch_to_mod_perl.html

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/