[Events] 2005-07-20 - 24 // Optronica @ IMAX, NFT

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Tue Jul 12 17:00:36 BST 2005

Kick-ass looking new five-day film & music festival, next week:

  "Starting on Wednesday July 20th 2005, Optronica opens with 3 nights
  of live audiovisual performances at the bfi London IMAX; the World
  premiere of Plaid & Bob Jaroc's Greedy Baby AV spectacular, the UK
  premiere of DJ Spooky's solo film remix Rebirth of a Nation and a
  stunning AV show from ex-Kraftwerk star Karl Bartos. [contd]"

Now, you'll need to be getting your wallet out for these, 12quid and up
per showing. But it's at the IMAX, Europe's biggest telly, and it's not
some contrived grainy "3D" rollercoaster short either...

I'm deciding between Wednesday's Plaid & Jaroc (Warp, Blackdog) and
Friday's DJ Spooky doing a visual scratch mix of 1915 film "Birth of
a Nation". May have to do both? Drop me a line for a meet-up as usual.

The audio-visual anoraks should check out the stuff happening at the
NFT - some primo lectures and shows happening there by the looks of it.
None cheap but there we are.

Time: evenings
Dates: Wednesday 20th to Sunday 24th July 2005
Venue: IMAX and NFT (Waterloo & South bank)
Site: http://optronica.org/

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"If the days are getting longer, then surrealists would rule the world
 !"
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/