[MT-users] More spam battling

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Sat Oct 9 18:03:34 BST 2004

Large comment spam attacks are becoming more frequent here and I have
done something about it, one thing in particular that is system-wide:
IT REQUIRES ACTION FROM YOU.

I found this page by ever-active MT hacker, Elise:
http://www.elise.com/mt/archives/000246concerning_spam.php

In there point "2) Rename mt-comments.cgi" I have implemented. This
means you must rebuild your site for your index and archived pages to
link to the correct script. (log in, select your site, and on the left-
hand menu select "Rebuild". Then choose "All")

(I have not changed mt-send-entry.cgi)

I also recommend following points 3) and 6). I do not recommend 5): it's
a waste of time.

Any questions or if you need help email me.

I have a MT-Blacklist hint I'll post this weekend too which ought to
make life a bit easier too.

Cheers, Paul

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is elephant? Quite the opposite of what you were thinking."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/