[MT-users] More spam battling

Paul Makepeace Paul.Makepeace at realprogrammers.com
Thu Oct 21 16:22:26 BST 2004

Thanks for this David.

Je 2004-10-21 15:47:11 +0100, David Jennings skribis:
> Paul and I have discussed this following another 'attack' I had a few
> days ago (even after implementing 2, 3 and 6). I've now also
> implemented 5 - IP banning - since I found that 3 or 4 IP addresses
> were responsible for hundreds of spam comments on my site over a
> four-month period.
>
> The biggest offending IPs have been:
> 198.26.120.13
> 198.26.118.37
> 198.26.118.36

This is US military (Defense Information Systems Agency of all places!!)
I've just mailed the abuse contact here.

> 203.122.54.129

This is in India. Will send email too altho' it doesn't list a specific
abuse contact, so I just dropped it into the system firewall for good
measure....

--
Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is drugs? Butterfly kisses on my cheek."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/